Saturday, June 13, 2009

Birthday surprise

I have pulled off one of the best surprises ever with the help of friends. My beautiful friend's birthday was yesterday. She's been feeling really down lately missing her best friend who lives out of state (although she's planning to move here later this summer). So we secretly flew in her friend (who is also friends with us) on Thursday night. We had planned to go over and bring dinner. We picked up presents on the way as well so that we could present them and make it all work perfectly. And it all went off without a hitch. She had no idea and the look on her face was priceless. I'm so proud of my friends - it was a group effort to make this possible and we got to make an amazing person feel exceptionally special. Which she is. :)

That's about all that's going on here. I've been tied up in business trips and working out logistics for my friend's birthday. Tonight we're going to rent Night at the Museum and then head out to the theatre to see Battle for the Smithsonian. I'm pretty excited about it. And church tomorrow. And all of this can be done with our lovely friend who's in town for the weekend, making it sweeter all around.

No comments: