Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

I found out today that Josh watches military-esque movies and history shows for Memorial Day every year. To learn more about the people who risked their lives and died for America. I hadn't really thought about doing that before, but I liked the idea when I heard it. Josh decided to go with something easy for me to get into since we started a movie in the evening. We went with The Rocketeer since it deals with patriotism and aviation and such between WWI and WWII. Yes, it's a bit of a stretch, but it's one of my favorite movies. And next year I'll be more likely to vote for a stronger theme since I'll be prepared for it.

I have also finally groomed my plants. I pulled off anything dead and Josh cut the basil plant where it died. So hopefully today's rain will help them grow. I do need to get my other plant to drain better though. I'm thinking of getting another ceramic pot and transplanting it so it will drain properly. It's relaxing to work on my plants, even if it isn't a proper garden and just some potted plants. I really enjoy it. I hope to someday have a full vegetable garden which will partially sustain my family and myself.

Today I started a new client near the beach. However, the weather is awful and therefore I decided not to take a walk on the beach. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same, so I'm thinking of getting warm clothes and going anyway. Today I was definitely not prepared. It's cold enough today that I'm thinking chili is a good idea, and I typically only have it in winter. Man, I wish it would warm up again.

No comments: