Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm so bad at remembering to post. Maybe I should try to schedule a weekly post or something.

This past week was rough on me physically. Work wasn't bad, but I spent two nights shopping with my cousin to help her find a versatile little black dress (and find one we did!). While it was totally worth it and I would do it again if I were to repeat this week, I'm definitely feeling more pain right now. The migraine is fairly manageable, but my back pain (partly due to stress) and general muscle pain has been more intense this week.

This weekend the goal was to keep it all low-key. Friday night Josh and I had a date at the bookstore and we spent three hours together reading (about 5-10 minutes browsing and Josh carried all the books I wanted to peruse to a chair so I could rest a bit). I went through probably seven books Friday night. Date night to the bookstore is one of my favorites.

Saturday, we went to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine again with two of our amazing friends. Then we had lunch out and went back to our friends' house to play Rock Band. I was so exhausted from all that that I fell asleep for about 10 minutes (which is a serious faux pas, by the way). I don't really remember falling asleep and Josh described it more as a "collapsing" kind of falling asleep. Luckily, it was over quickly and I felt a bit better. Then we picked up a friend from the train station (she was returning from vacation) and went out for a casual dinner. And back to the bookstore (but it was a Borders Saturday instead of my beloved Barnes & Noble).

Today I slept through the beginning of church and decided to just stay home. I haven't done much at all today yet, but in about 45 minutes Josh and I are going to pick up dessert and flowers to take to my grandmother's for Mother's Day. I'll get to spend time with Josh, Mom, Dad, my aunt Mary, Grandma, and Granddad. While I'm not going to see Nana (my dad's mom) I do hope to catch her on the phone this evening. I'm so lucky to have my mother and both grandmothers in my life and so close to me (no one is more than one hour's drive from my home).

So I didn't rest too much this weekend. But I shall try again for this upcoming week and weekend. I have a ton of research to do on a number of things and that should provide ample time for me to just sit down and read and learn rather than run around everywhere.

And as a mother's day note and something for me (and anyone else) to remember: Today is not always an easy day for women. Some women are blessed with children but many are struggling with infertility, miscarriages, or the loss of a child. While I've witnessed struggles for my family members and some friends, I've never experienced any of this myself. And I cannot even imagine what these women are going through. I'm keeping women in general in my prayers today, especially those who find Mother's Day painful.

No comments: