Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today I did something that I thought I had left behind when I graduated from high school and moved into a world free of choir and musical theatre (I do miss it though). I sang in front of people all by myself. I've done this before, and I don't sing badly. And yet, I still carry this fear that I'm going to do horribly and be judged. This is even though logic tells me otherwise - first, I sing well and second, even if I butchered a song my friends wouldn't judge me. So I decided to go ahead and try out the singing part in our Rock Band awesome adventure. I ended up singing about 10-15 songs and got complimented on my singing as well. I'm really proud of myself, but the fear still isn't gone. Fear is a strange thing. I think this is one that I'm really going to have to work at. I'm going to have to get over this fear sooner or later, so why not work on it now.

No comments: